Domicile Dignity: What does it mean?
“Domicile”(or Own House) has a meaning of gradual and steadfast abundance. It will yield result in a slow but steady manner.
When a planet has domicile dignity its meaning can then be combined with “slow but steady” in every area, context and case.
They can be categorized into 2 cases as follows:
1. Planet with domicile dignity in “domicile” Context:
1.1 Ascendant conjoined planet with domicile dignity
A certain planet that has domicile dignity will affect the native (Tanu) to have a strong horoscope.
(Life will eventually become successful and stable at last. Even though there are sicknesses they will not be too severe and are recoverable.)
Life will gradualy become successful and stable. It will take time to become an authoritative figure, to achieve a high rank within an organization, or to become highly recognized.
It will usually be almost at retirement age to achieve them. However, every native has to begin with his/her own original background.
Some of them may begin from nothing while some of them may begin from a high social status.
Eventually they will become well-to-do people but at a different level and status.
In other words, they may end up being in a different financial status despite the gradual growth.
(Only the meanings of “domicile” is considered without including the meanings of the planet.)
1.2 Planet with domicile dignity in other Bhavas
No matter what planet it is when it has domicile dignity the house it is in will gradualy become strong and stable.
For instance, a planet has domicile dignity in Kadhumpa Bhava will make the native becomes gradualy wealthy.
The older the native gets the richer he/she becomes.
In case the planet is in Patni Bhava it indicates that the relation with the partner or business partner will gradualy become more stable and better.
A long term partnership should be formed when conducting a business with someone since the relationship will grow stronger with time.
(Used only “domicile” meanings without considering the meanings of the planet.)
** A ruling planet that has domicile dignity and is located in another Bhava indicates that the Bhava will also be strengthhened according to the meaning of domicile.
2. Planet with Domicile Dignity in “Planet” Context:
2.1 Ruling planet conjoined with the ascendant
In the planet’s context, the meanings will be affected.
– Saturn (7) has domicile dignity and conjoined with the ascendant. The meanings in Saturn’s context are careful consideration, lands, farming, hard labors etc.
This can be interpreted as the older the native becomes the more consideration he/she will have.
Concerning the lands, it could be interpreted as if the native is fortunate (in conjunction with the ascendant) in lands, gardening and farming.
It will be worthwhile in the long run since they will become very secure at the end (lands).
Moreover, there is still another interpretation which indicates that the lands will become more valuable and attractive later on even though they were only ordinary lands at the beginning.
What they have turned into must be interpreted by checking other factors and Bhavas.
– The Sun (1) has domicile dignity and is conjoined with the ascendant. In the planet’s context it implies honor, dignity and pride.
In the beginning the native may behave normally but the older he/she gets the more arrogant and aloof he/she becomes.
– The Moon (2) has domicile dignity and is conjoined with the ascendant. In the planets’s context it implies sweetness and charm. In the beginning the native possesses these traits in general.
Though the older he/she gets the more adaptable, sweet and charming he/she becomes.
– Mars (3) has domicile dignity and is conjoined with the ascendant. In the planet’s context it implies diligence, craftsmanship, logic, dis-trustfulness and stubbornness.
In the beginning the native possesses these traits in general.
Though the more experienced he/she becomes the more dominant these traits become. (with reasons)
– Mercury (4) has domicile dignity and is conjoined with the ascendant. In the planet’s context it implies thoroughness, being negotiation and detail-oriented.
In the beginning the native possesses these traits in general. Though the older he/she gets the more dominant these traits become.
(Mercury (4) conjoined with the ascendant implies a talkative and negotiation person)
– Jupiter (5) has domicile dignity and is conjoined with the ascendant. In the planet’s context it implies virtue, honesty and being optimistic, soft-hearted, ethical, trustful.
Normally the native has these traits but the older he/she gets the more dominant these traits become.
(May become misled by morality, indulged in donation or easily tricked because of being too naive, soft-hearted and kind)
– Venus (6) has domicile dignity and is conjoined with the ascendant. In the planet’s context it implies art and lust.
The older the native gets the better at art and probably the more lustful he/she will be.
(The health or chronic disease must also be taken into account as well as other planets such as: Mars (3) is negative as well as Jupiter (5) is positive will be helpful etc.)
– Rahu (8) has domicile dignity and is conjoined with the ascendant. In the planet’s context it implies indulgence, trickery, cunning, cheater and stocks.
The older the native gets the more cunning, clever and sly he/she becomes.
(If Jupiter (5) is weak it implies that the native is sly, tricky or manipulative.) For stocks and shareholdings, it is recommended to own them in the long run.
Rahu (8) conjoins with the ascendant is considered very powerful even though the dignity is just normal.
There is no planet that could hinder it from causing extreme indulgence.
The native usually misbehaves him/herself during teenage years. Later on the native will have a change of heart.
However, if the planet has domicile dignity this will be unlikely.
Even the planet is in opposition with the ascendant it will still be uncertain. This is easily observed by figuring if the native still likes gambling or something similar at an old age.
If it is the case, then this behavior will be very hard to change and will likely persist.
If the ascendant is in Aquarius and has Rahu (8) as Tanu-Lak that is located in Scorpio as well as having Exaltation dignity and unrelated to the ascendant.
This will indicate indulgence to a lesser degree.
** (Rahu is a planet that is difficult to understand since it has many details. There will be a special chapter dedicated to Rahu later on.)